Moving Home

Notifying Utility Providers


Notifying Utility Providers

It is obviously important to notify utility providers that you are vacating your present home to make sure that you are not responsible for expenses incurred by your successor and equally you want to be sure of a seamless supply of essential services to your new home. Notifying utility suppliers has become much more complicated in recent years with the ever multiplying numbers of new supplies. We hope that the following is helpful:-

Council Tax

The contact details for our Local Authorities are:

Eastbourne Borough Council Telephone 01323 410000

Lewes District Council Telephone 01273 471600

Brighton and Hove City Council Telephone 01273 290000

Wealden District Council 
Telephone Hailsham Office 01323 443322
Telephone Crowborough Office 01892 653311

Rother District Council Telephone 01424 787000


It may be wise to set up a redirection. There is a charge of approximately £40.00 for a redirection for a year. 

Contact  for further information. 

You may wish to take the opportunity to reduce or eliminate junk mail. Contact 

TV Licencing

It is possible to ‘move’ your TV Licence to your new address. To arrange to move or organise a new TV Licence.

Contact or telephone 0870 242 3349


It may be sensible to check that the property you are buying has an existing telephone line. If a line has to be connected, BT may charge you for this. You may need to make enquiry of your telephone supplier as to whether it is possible to transfer your existing number or whether calls can be re-directed to your new number. Useful contacts:-




Tiscali (now talktalk) 



Give your gas supplier as much notice of your moving date as possible. Before moving, read your meter and keep a note of the reading. Telephone your supplier.You need to find out who is supplying gas to your new property and decide whether you wish to remain with them or organise a new supplier. Again, read the meter on your new property when you arrive. Remember to ask your vendor about where the gas and electric meters are.



As with gas suppliers, your electricity provider will need maximum notice of your intended move. The company may wish to read the meters but in any event, read them yourself and keep a note of the reading



Water companies need to be notified as far in advance as possible of your intended move. If your supply is metered, you will need to arrange for the meter to be read. Consider whether you wish the supply at your new property to be metered as it can make significant savings.

Contact Southern Water  

South East Water 

 Water Guide UK 

Moving home is a good opportunity to review who is supplying your utilities and to see whether these can be provided more cheaply or from more environmentally friendly suppliers. Contact Energy Helpline Money Saving Expert 

Electoral Register: You can register to vote at your new address by going to 

Employment Law- Fixed Fees


This includes:- Attending you for a preliminary appointment to see whether you have a case or can defend a case. Please note that this is for 30 minutes only and does not include advice in writing.

We are able to offer fixed fees to both claimants and respondents in relation to Employment Tribunal claims. Please contact us for specialist advice and further details.

Preliminary Advice

This includes:

Taking instructions (up to 1.5 hours)

Detailed advice letter


Fee £250

VAT @20%

TOTAL £300

Employment Tribunal Proceedings

Advising employee on an Acas Early Conciliation Notification (now an essential first step before lodging an employment claim)


Fee £200

VAT @20%

TOTAL £240


Preparation of a Claim Form ET1 on behalf of an employee


Fee £400

VAT @20%

TOTAL £480


Preparation of a Claimant's Schedule of Loss


Fee £200

VAT @20%

TOTAL £240


 Preparation of a Claimant's List of Documents


Fee £400

VAT @20%

TOTAL £480


Advising an employee in relation to a flexible working request


Fee £400

VAT @20%

TOTAL £480


 Preparation of contracts of employment and statutory terms and conditions


Fee £250 - £400

VAT @20%

TOTAL £300 - £480


Preparation of standard disciplinary and grievance procedures


Fee £400

VAT @20%

TOTAL £480


Drafting and preparation of Respondent’s Response ET3


Fee £400

VAT @20%

TOTAL £480

Preparation of Witness Statements

Fee £200 - £400

VAT @20%

TOTAL £240 - £480

Lynn Parris

Conveyancing Executive

Nadine Ashford


Nicola Davies

Chartered Legal Executive

Eastbourne Office

11 Hyde Gardens
East Sussex 
BN21 4PP
Tel: 01323 720142

Lewes Office

Sackville House
Brooks Close
Lewes , BN7 2FZ
Tel: 01273 480234
(by appointment only)

Peacehaven Office

10a Horsham Avenue
East Sussex
BN10 8LL
 Tel: 01273 582680