Do You Need an Estate Agent?
In the “Internet age” consumers are becoming increasingly aware of opportunities to save money online and the headline cost of an “Internet” Estate Agent is definitely lower.
This option may be right for some vendors in some districts. However, before instructing an 'internet' based Agent you should consider:
- A significant proportion of buyers especially amongst the retired do not have access to or use the Internet as their first “port of call”. This is significant in a county such as Sussex with a high proportion of retired inhabitants.
- Although an online Estate Agency is cheaper, there are no agents “on hand” locally and the local knowledge of a traditional Estate Agency is often very important in ensuring a smooth sale.
- How often do you move home? How experienced are you at ensuring that your home is marketed at the correct price and that the ultimate sale price is maximised? The headline cost of a local Estate Agent can never match that of an online agent but a good local Agent can provide a great deal of expertise in terms of creating and implementing an effective strategy to sell your house and maximise the selling price achievable.
- How good at selling are you? With an online Agent you will need to conduct most of the viewings yourself.
- You will be responsible for the handoiver of the keys to the buyer on the compeltion day.
We are able to recommend reputable local and independent Estate Agents. Please do not hesitate to contact us and ask for a suitable recommendation.